Last year the range of WiFi 6 routers and mesh systems from Netgear were expensive, to say the least. At CES this year, it looks like WiFi 6 is dropping in price with several announcements including D-Links new range of affordable EasyMesh WiFi 6 routers.
Netgear is also releasing much more affordable products, albeit a smaller line-up than D-Link.
They are keeping it simple with one mesh WiFi system, one router and one extender.
The new EasyMesh term used for all these latest releases means you will be able to mix and match devices as you please, and you should be able to mix and match brands too.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK62)
This system is considerably more affordable than the Netgear Orbi RBK852 with an RRP of £229.99. It is already available to pre-order in the US for $229.99 with a launch date of 15th of January.
This is a dual-band system with one band for 2.4GHz and the other 5GHz.
On the 2.4GHz channel, you get a theoretical 600Mbps while on 5GHz this is 1200Mbps.
The system uses 2-ethernet ports per device, one being allocated to the WAN and I would assume you can also use this for LAN too. Neither are multi-gig at this price, just plain old gigabit.
- Whole Home WiFi– Experience smooth 4K UHD streaming and reliable WiFi in every room. The system includes one router and one satellite.
- Latest WiFi 6 Technology —Improved dual-band technology designed for faster, more reliable connections that can handle 25 or more devices for smoother streaming and connection capacity.
- Super-fast WiFi — Combined speeds up to 1.8Gbps to keep up with your family’s streaming, gaming, and smart home needs.
- Works with Existing WiFi Devices — Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac client devices (Wi-Fi 5 and below).
Nighthawk AX6 AX5400 WiFi 6 6-Stream Router (RAX50)
Experience smoother 4K streaming and high-performance online gaming with the NETGEAR® Nighthawk® AX6 6-Stream AX5400 WiFi 6 Router designed to deliver a new level of Gigabit WiFi connectivity so you can connect, stream and download faster to newer mobile devices. The powerful 1.5GHz Triple-Core processor with a fully offloaded CPU increases overall performance of the network. Engineered to deliver up to 4 times the data capacity over previous standards, WiFi 6 technology with OFDMA, 160MHz channel support and 1024 QAM vastly improves network efficiency. High-powered amplifiers increase range for reliable whole home coverage.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Dual Band WiFi (AX5400)
- 2.4GHz AX: 2×2 (Tx/Rx) 1024/256-QAM 20/40MHz, up to 600Mbps
- 5GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx/Rx) 1024-QAM 20/40/80/160MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
- Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- Uplink & Downlink OFDMA§—Improved capacity and efficiency
- Powerful 1.5GHz triple-core processor
- One (1) USB 3.0 port
- Memory: 256MB flash and 512MB RAM
- 160MHz channel support
- Additional DFS channels for interference free experience
- Longer range with 4 high-performance antennas
- Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN & 4 LAN
NETGEAR AX1800 4-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender (EAX20)
This extender is available to pre-order now on Amazon with a launch date of March 6, 2020.
new WiFi 6 Mesh Extender (EAX20) is built for the future of WiFi to create a
powerful mesh WiFi network for increased coverage to every corner of your home.
Experience the power of the latest generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) for
dramatically faster WiFi to your smartphones, tablets, computers, and so many
more devices. Even more capacity plus backward compatibility with your current
and previous generation routers and devices (WiFi 5, WiFi 4, and earlier
generation WiFi standards) means that you’ll enjoy ultra-fast WiFi in the
farthest corners of your home today and for all your future tech purchases for
years to come.
Price and Availability:
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System with one router and a satellite (MK62) will be shipping this month for a suggested retail price of £229.99 GBP. The router and two satellite (MK63) kit will be available later in Q1 with pricing announced at that time.
Nighthawk® AX6 AX5400 WiFi 6 6-Stream Router (RAX50) will be available later in
Q1 of 2020 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of £239.99 GBP.
AX1800 4-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender (EAX20) will be available
in Q1 of 2020 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of £129.99 GBP.
Post from: Mighty Gadget – Gadget and Technology Blog