In the last 10 years the marijuana industry has become really big and has completely taken over. According to the United Nations, 158.8 million people around the world are marijuana users- that is 3.8% of the global population. One of the reasons why marijuana is so popular and widely used is because of the amount of products available and the diversity of marijuana. It caters to everyone’s needs whether you are using it for recreational use or for medical use.
If you have purchased a dab rig or would like to in the future but are unsure how to use it, here is everything that you will need to know about it as a beginner using it for the first time:
What is a dab rig?
A dab rig is a water pipe that is designed to work with cannabis concentrates such as dabs and wax instead of dry herbs. Using it is simple: you heat the nail with a torch, placing a dab of concentrate in the nail on the rig and then you inhale resulting in vapour. Dab rigs, such as these rigs, produce vapour and not smoke making it much stronger. The benefits are that it is healthier than conventional smoking and it gives you a stronger high.
What does it consist of
A dab rig consists of many tools and accessories including:
- Rig: This is the foundation of the dab rig and is a glass water pipe. The rig also connects to a nail or a bowl.
- Banger or nail: This is the attachment where dabs are vaporized when it is heated. They are made out of glass, quartz, titanium and ceramic. Some bangers will have a vacuum sealed jacket that allows heat to be retained for a long period of time.
- Carb cap: This is a glass, ceramic, quartz or titanium cap with a small hole that covers the top of the nail. The Carb cab lowers the pressure in the nail or banger trapping the heat and reducing the vaporization temperature.
- Dabber: This is a tool used for removing dab from the concentrate container and putting it inside the nail or banger for vaporization.
- Torch: This is a hand torch for heating the nail.
- E-nail: this is a device that allows you to dial in a precise temperature and then heats the nail electronically to the exact temperature that you chose.
- Quartz insert: When inserted, acts as an internal carb cap.
How to use one
Dabs are a concentrated form of marijuana made from extracting THC as well as cannabinoids. The sticky oil produced goes by many names including wax, shatter, budder, butane, hash oil and RSO. The wax is the size of a rice grain and is put on the dab rig and then heat is applied until smoke is released and then you simply inhale the smoke.
Choose the right rig and nail
There are different types of dab rigs including:
- Class dab rig: The most popular and is glass.
- Cheap dab rig: smooth and enjoyable but no customization and less durable and doesn’t last long.
- Silicone dab rig: silicone, very durable and comes in unique appearances and colours.
- Electric dab rig: known as e-nails. This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to dab. Comes in a full rig or simply as a nail and provide perfect temperature.
There are many things to consider when choosing a rig. Smaller rigs offer better flavour and allow for vapour to remain potent, the more volume the rig has, the more potency will be lost. Glass ensures better flavour and delivery.
There are also different nails including:
- Nails with a dome: these nails require an additional piece called a dome.
- Dome less nails
- Titanium nails
- Ceramic nails
- Quartz nails
- Glass nails
When choosing a nail you need to look at which nail holds heat properly and disperses heat evenly in order to get the most out of the product. Experts say that quartz preserves the flavour best out of all the nails which is something to consider.
So there you have it, the beginners guide to dab rigs. Now you have all the information you need to start using dab rigs.
Posted by Mighty Gadget Blog: UK Technology News and Reviews