Better late than never, the Xiaomi Mi 11 finally gets a UK launch.
UK pricing and deals
The Mi 11 will be available in 128GB and 256GB and retail for £749 and £799, respectively.
However, if you order through Amazon, you will receive £100 off the official retail price. Xiaomi is not clear how long this discount will last.
There is a different deal via Mi.com/UK. At first it looks a bit rubbish with a £100 Mi Store voucher and double Mi Points; however, it also comes with free screen insurance protection, which makes it a tempting deal.
The phone is available from £47 per month (£29 upfront cost) with 100GB of data, as well as unlimited minutes and texts.
Price hike vs EU pricing
Unfortunately, the RRP has had quite a bit of price hike vs the EU launch of the phone. The Mi 11 launched back on the 8th of February from €749 (£641). So the deals you get as part of the UK launch only make the phone math the EU price.
The phone was also available via Amazon Spain for the RRP + a free Mi Air Purifier 3H, which is worth about £150. There appears to be no stock at all in Spain currently, either via Amazon or the official store.
Amazon Italy currently lists the 256GB model for 799-Euros (£684)
While the UK price isn’t as good as I would have liked, it is still more affordable than the likes of the Oppo Find X3 Pro and most of the Samsung Galaxy S21 models.
Full Press Release
leader Xiaomi today announced the UK release of its flagship Mi 11, a truly premium device offering ground-breaking improvements over its predecessor, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset, 108MP triple rear camera, cinematic audio, and 50W wireless charging.
The Mi 11 is the ultimate pocket-sized movie studio, turning any novice photo and video enthusiast into a film director. Special features include:
- 108MP triple rear camera set up, 13MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 5MP telemacro lens
- Improved night mode capabilities and photo night mode on three of its cameras (primary, ultra-wide and front)
- Six one-click AI cinema features from Parallel World to Freeze Frame Videos
- Magic Zoom mode, creating an illusion of the camera simultaneously zooming in and out of the scene, a trick originally popularized through thriller films
- Studio-level shooting control with HDR10+ recording and new Pro Time-lapse mode, capable of adjusting shutter speed, ISO, aperture and EV to handle the most challenging lighting situations
- Studio-level control that extends to editing with advanced AI features, including AI Erase 2.0 which allows users to remove unwanted objects or lines from images with one simple click.
The Mi 11 will be available in 128GB and 256GB and retail for £749 and £799 respectively.
The Mi 11 is available to pre-order from Vodafone today. Those that order will be able to claim a Mi Electric Scooter Essential.
The Mi 11 will also be available to pre-order from Three on March 17. Those that order will be able to claim a Mi Watch and Mi True Wireless Earphones 2s.
On March 22, the Mi 11 will be available to purchase through Amazon and Mi.com/UK. Customers that order through Amazon will receive £100 off the official retail price. Customers that order through Mi.com/UK will get a £100 Mi Store voucher, double Mi Points and also free screen insurance protection.
Posted by Mighty Gadget Blog: UK Technology News and Reviews
Thanks for reading, check out Mighty Gadget Blog: UK Technology News and Reviews for more Tech news!